This Week in Sunday School - Theme - What is Easter?
This week we talked about Easter and why we celebrate. We read the book, What is Easter? by Michelle Medlock Adams. The story tells us to look beyond the bunnies, colored eggs and jelly beans; that Easter is about so much more than that. Easter is the day we celebrate the fact that Jesus, our Savior, rose again.
Craft/Activity - After our story and discussion the children made an Easter mobile highlighting the things we celebrate, the true meaning of Easter.
- March 31 - Littles will come downstairs. Middles and Youth will stay upstairs.
- April 7 - ALL Groups will come downstairs
- April 14 - PALM SUNDAY - Littles will come downstairs. Middles and Youth will stay upstairs.
- April 21 - EASTER SUNDAY - NO SUNDAY SCHOOL
- EASTER BASKET HUNT FOR LITTLES after worship
- April 28 - ALL GROUPS will come downstairs
- May 5 - NO SUNDAY SCHOOL as I will be out of town
- May 12 - LAST DAY OF SUNDAY SCHOOL AND SUNFLOWER PLANTING - ALL Groups participate