This Week in Sunday School -
Theme for All Students - Holy Week
Littles - We read The Very First Easter, a book based on selections from The Beginner’s Bible. It tells about the events of Holy Week, beginning with Palm Sunday and ending with Easter, in young child-friendly language.
Littles Craft/Activity - Our Littles made a story wheel highlighting the most important days of Holy Week.
Middles and Youth - We first talked about our Lenten homework that was assigned, what each student decided to give up or take on, and how it’s going so far. I’m encouraging them all to keep going with their Lenten challenge. Then we read about Holy Week, Easter, and Pentecost. We discussed the origin and meaning of these days/season, the colors associated with them, and how and why we worship in special ways on these days. They are bringing home a sheet with all of this information to share with their families as well.
Middles and Youth Craft/Activity - We didn’t have a craft or activity this week. We just took advantage of the time to talk together.
- April 14 - PALM SUNDAY - Littles will come downstairs. Middles and Youth will stay upstairs.
- April 21 - EASTER SUNDAY - NO SUNDAY SCHOOL
- EASTER BASKET HUNT FOR LITTLES after worship
- April 28 - ALL GROUPS will come downstairs
- May 5 - NO SUNDAY SCHOOL
- May 12 - LAST DAY OF SUNDAY SCHOOL AND POSSIBLY SUNFLOWER PLANTING - ALL Groups participate