This Week in Sunday School -
Sunday School was held for "Littles" only this week.
Theme - The Baptism of Jesus and Our Own Baptism
Littles - Today we read about John the Baptist (Luke 3:1-18) in our Beginners Bible. John the Baptist appears in Judea to proclaim the coming of the kingdom of heaven. He warns the people to repent of their sins in order to prepare for the Lord’s coming. He also talks of the one who will baptize the people “with the Holy Spirit and with fire.” Jesus then appears and insists that John baptize him. Then we talked about how we are baptized as well and what happens during a baptism service in church and what it means.
Craft/Activity - We made Baptism Remembrance Boxes to remind us that Jesus was baptized and that we were baptized too. The top of the box illustrates Jesus’ baptism. Inside the box are pebbles to remind us of the River Jordan and that first baptism. Also inside are reminders of our own modern day baptism service, a white candle like to pascal candle that is lit, a shell to remind us of the river and the water poured over our heads, and a passage that is said in the prayers, “We are sealed by the Holy Spirit in Baptism and marked as Christ’s own forever.”
- Jan. 27 - Littles will come downstairs. Middles and Youth will stay upstairs.
- Feb. 3 - ALL Groups will come downstairs
- Feb. 10 - Littles will come downstairs. Middles and Youth will stay upstairs.
- Feb. 17 - ALL Groups will come downstairs.
- Feb. 24 - Littles will come downstairs. Middles and Youth will stay upstairs.